In Neil Simon’s murderous farce, four couples arrive at the townhouse of a deputy New York City mayor and his wife to attend a party celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary. The guests soon discover that there are no servants, the hostess is missing, and the deputy mayor is wounded in bed, unable to speak.
Given everyone’s upper-class status, they decide to do anything possible to conceal the evening’s events from the local police and the media. As the confusions and mis-communications mount, the evening spins off into classic farcical hilarity!
Performance Dates & Times
For casting information, please contact Randy Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org, or keep an eye on the Great Escape Stage Company Facebook page.
- KEN GORMAN (well-spoken attorney) – 30’s-60’s
- CHRIS GORMAN (Ken’s elegant, attractive wife) – 30’s-60’s
- LENNY GANZ (sarcastic, likeable accountant) – 30’s-60’s
- CLAIR GANZ (Lenny’s gossipy wife) – 30’s-60’s
- ERNIE CUSACK (smug psychiatrist) – 30’s-60’s
- COOKIE CUSACK (Ernie’s wife, TV cooking show host) – 30’s-60’s
- GLENN COOPER (State senator candidate) – 30’s-60’s
- CASSIE COOPER (Glenn’s ditzy trophy wife) – 30’s-40’s
- OFFICER WELCH (straight-talking officer) – Any age, M or F
- OFFICER PUDNEY (rookie cop) – Any age, M or F